Friday 16 March 2012

Dolly























First apologies for the mess the blog lay-out is in. I just don't seem to get hang of the new system and don't know when I have time to try to sort it out.

When adopting the adoptive parents are encourage to buy one toy for the child to have with him/her during the whole transition phase, moving from the foster home to the adoptive home with the child. Being me I made one. I chose to make a Waldorf style doll with our daughter's hair and eye colour. I believe that a toy made with love and thinking of the recipient carries a different energy from a toy purchased from a shop.

The doll is filled with sheep wool, in true Waldorf style. I used an excellent book "Making Waldorf Dolls" by Maricristin Sealy as my guide. The book has very "homemade" looks, as the illustrations are drawings. It is not a hip lay-out at all, but the contents are great. I have used several patterns from it and it is herewith declared as one of my treasured sewing bibles.

This is what Elf Daughter's Dolly gets up to:

























































































 
Dolly is a free spirit!

No comments: