Friday 1 January 2010

A Princess' Birthday

I am going to start with a couple of posts about past projects. In the autumn the elf son was invited to a princess' birthday party. I was not in the mood to go to the shops to find something suitable and decided that as she would receive plenty of plastic things, I could give her a home made pressie. As I don't know the said princess that well, I decided to make things which hopefully any six-year-old princess would like. I heard later from her mummy that the present was well received, so I was happy. I think that in the midst of all shop bought items, home made ones can make a real impact as well as give children the idea that they could make presents as well. And hey, I would be happy to have that drawstring bag for my bits and bobs, so I guess it could outlive many of her other presents...

Here is the drawstring bag of unbleached calico with her initial embroidered on it.






















In the bag went a home made notebook for important drawings and stories,





















a Suffolk puff pin













 and the all important lace crown.





















And here is the whole present
As you see I threw a pink pencil into the bag for a good measure from my stash.

This year I will try even harder to think of presents I could make myself and you will be able to see here how it goes. What have you made? Any home made Christmas presents?

No comments: